Are our sessions confidential?
I will not disclose any information about you or any session content unless you give me specific written authorization to do so (Hipaa). Please look at the Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule for a full explanation.
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- What is Psychotherapy?
- When is it time to see a therapist?
- How long will psychotherapy take?
- Are our sessions confidential?
- What type of therapy and/or counseling do you provide?
- How much will psychotherapy cost?
- How do I make an appointment?
- Where are you located?
- Do I have to come to sessions weekly?
- How long is each session?
- Is there a free initial consultation?
- Do you accept insurance?